Zirconia has three important property advantages compared to alumina.
- Zirconia exhibits better impact strength.
- Zirconia is harder than alumina.
- Zirconia can be honed to finer surface finishes than alumina. Finished to 4 RMS, the zirconia liners provide a surface finish that's three to four times finer than alumina.
All three of these property advantages translate to lower ownership costs. The improved wear directly extends the service life of the sleeve, while the improved impact strength cuts down on the significant costs of replacing broken liners in the field. The surface finish improvements, meanwhile, have an indirect effect. The finer surface finish means less friction with the elastomer-and-metal pump pistons, which in trun extends piston life and reduces pump-cooling requirements.
- HP design with shoulder-on-hull design to prevent sleeve slippage
- Reduced liner and piston wear
- Increased impact characteristics
- Lower thermal load on the liner wash system
- Higher thermal ratings
- HP design with shoulder-on-hull to prevent sleeve slippage
- ID tolerances of +.010”/ -.000”
- Surface finish of 4 - 8 RMS
- Hardness is HV 0.3 kg/mm – 1100/1200 ( 92 - 94 Rc)
- Good performance on the high temperature application
- Liner sizes are available from 4½” to 7” for all popular mud pumps